ABOUT THE ROLE
• As a Software Engineer you will have a unique and exciting opportunity to join a young and dynamic company, committed to delivering value added services in the investment product space.
• You will be part of the Front-office Applications team in the IT Development department, responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining key business applications and services on our highly specialized investment product management platform. We value Agility (through SCRUM), Technology (through a modern micro-services platform built with functional programming in Scala) and Collaboration.
YOUR TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Proactively reach out to your clients and peer developers, sit next to them, and understand their needs and requirements with/without Business Analysts
• Work directly with Traders, Sales and IT units to implement and maintain key software solutions
• Provide support for these solutions and your own developments
• Build trust-based relationships with your peers and business clients
• Produce maintainable, operable and changeable code while meeting ambitious deadlines
• Deliver high quality solutions in tight timeframes to meet demanding customer requirements
• Conduce to a robust automated test suite to interest in the latest programming trends such as functional and reactive programming
• Expert Excel skills (office data connections, power-queries, complex formulas, advanced Excel GUI skills).
• Excel-VBA: Expert Level (Win API, asynchronous code)
• Work with Excel-AddIns (we use: Excel-DNA, VSTO, XLLoop, COM-C++, VBA AddIns)
• Knows how to use/load/unload/debug AddIns
• Strong windows debugging skills (e.g. usage of ProcessMonitor, ProcessExplorer, or other Windows/Memory debugging tools. Debug network and file interactions)
• Professional experience with VBA
• Good spoken and written English communication skills, ability to express ideas clearly
• Experience or strong interest in the financial industry
• Strong problem-solving skills & ability to learn in a fast paced environment