ABOUT THE ROLE:
- As a Software Engineer you will have a unique and exciting opportunity to join a young and dynamic company, committed to delivering value added services in the investment product space.
- You will be part of the IT Development department, responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining key business applications and services on our highly-specialized investment product management platform. We value Agility (through SCRUM), Technology (through a modern micro-services platform built with functional programming in Scala) and Collaboration.
- Thanks to a fluid and concentrated organization, frequent communication with end-users and internal training on the investment product domain you will provide concrete and robust technology solutions to our clients, partners and users.
- As part of the Insurance & Wealth Planning Solutions Development team, you will specifically contribute to a rapid growth of the business line.
YOUR TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver high quality solutions in tight time frames to meet demanding customer requirements
- Work closely with business and other IT units to gather and understand requirements
- Contribute to software and architectural design decisions
- Conduce to a robust automated test suite to work in a continuous integration / continuous deployment environment
- Become involved in the internal DevOps and Scala guilds, building relationships with other developers and identifying / implementing best practices
- Maintain close interaction with the business on very diverse topics: front-end portals to management of long-maturity life insurance products
- Fluency in English is essential
- Experience building scalable, distributed applications in Scala and Java
- Strong understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures
- Experience in developing software in an agile environment
- Interest in the latest programming trends such as functional and reactive programming
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems
- Experience in implementation of APIs for integration with internal and external systems
- Strong problem solving skills & ability to learn in a fast paced environment
NICE TO HAVE:
- Financial background in either banking or the insurance industry
- Cloud migration activities either Public or Private
- Experience of working with design thinking techniques in iterative sprints is an advantage to this role
- CQRS and event sourcing hands on experience
- Knowledge of server-less architecture would be a benefit
- DevOps experience configuration management, containers, virtualisation, continuous integration and deployment
- Practical experience with, either or both, AWS or Azure
- Akka / Akka Persistence / Akka HTTP / Akka Streams / ScalaZ / Play / Slick / Kafka / event streaming pipelines
- Docker / Kubernetes / AWS / Jenkins / AngularJS