We are looking for an experienced networking engineer with hands-on experience with Palo Alto firewall and Panorama. Good knowledge of networking, routing and internet protocols (ospf, bgp, http/https, dns, dhcp, etc.) is assumed.
Tasks and responsibilities
· Install, configure, manage, and resolve issues for Palo Alto Firewall and Panoram.
· Maintain and manage border security systems, such as intrusion detection systems and firewalls. Support, monitor, and take care of existing configuration changes for Palo Alto Networks.
· Conversant with procedures, such as change management, automation, and revision control. Cisco experience will help (troubleshooting mainly).
· Assist with network security issues of clients and suggest recommendations after researching best industry practices, documenting the configuration and installation.
· Responsible for installing and maintaining Palo Alto firewall technologies. Knowledge of MPLS, VRF, VPN, and network routing. Expertise in TCP/IP.
· Experience in working with Internet technologies.
of 5 years experience supporting internal networks and connectivity with the outside
· Previous experience within the Financial Services industry is an advantage.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field (mathematics, statistics), or relevant work experience.
· Fluent in English, an advantage if fluent also in German, but not a must.
· Proactive and open minded personality applying common sense to solve the issues and set standards.
· Analytical skills as well as an accurate working style.
· Palo Alto/Cisco certifications desirable, but relevant work experience suffices.