Do you like to work in the team responsible for providing SME support for 16,000 PostgreSQL and Oracle databases?
Would you like to be part of team to influence IT Stakeholders and Customers on latest database technologies?
DBA required to work within the global database and data analytical organization to provide a high level database expertise for day to day support of production and development environments.
Our client is looking for a DBA to:
- Contribute to delivering automated, monitored database platform for Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSQL technologies.
- Design, develop and maintain automation for database technologies, used for daily maintenance and refresh facility for non-production environments.
- Build and maintain common monitoring system for Oracle, MSSQL and PostgreSQL databases
- Routine checks to ensure the health and availability of Oracle, MSSQL and PostgreSQL databases on prod, development, test and demo environments.
- Provide support to users and developers working closely together with the infrastructure and application support teams.
- Keeping database platform up to date by regular patching of database environments.
- Analyze and solve performance problems on database environments.
- Security management: implementing, maintaining and enhancing database security as well as defining the security standards.
- Problem solving, maintaining good communication with all stakeholders via regular updates and transparency.
- Producing and maintain documentation of provided solutions and operational procedures,
- On-call support and shifts rota
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Proven working 5+ years’ experience in Oracle Technology (12c/19c) as Database Administrator/Database Engineer
- Good knowledge of backup, recovery and Oracle Data Guard
- Experience in administration of MSSQL (2014+) or PostgreSQL database technologies
- Knowledge of SSAS, SSIS and SSRS is a plus
- Performance tuning skills - including using ASH, Real-Time SQL Monitoring, Query Store
- Good communication and team player. Committed and good attention to details
- Familiarity with one of the programming languages: Python, Powershell, ksh
- Comfortable in both Linux and Windows environments
- Problem solving skills and ability to work proactively
- Ability to work independently and in urgent situations under pressure
- A willingness to learn and keep up to date in developments in new technologies
- Working knowledge of GIT
- Fluency in English
NICE TO HAVE